Attachments and additional documents
The Packaging Directive expressly provides member states with the possibility of supporting systems for the reuse of packaging. The directive contains detailed targets on recycling which were raised for the period until 2008 by amending Directive 2004/12/EC. By 31 December 2008 at the latest, between 55 percent as a minimum and 80 percent as a maximum by weight of packaging waste had to be recycled and the following minimum recycling quotas had to be met for materials contained in packaging:
- 60 percent by weight for glass
- 60 percent by weight for paper and cardboard
- 50 percent by weight for metals
- 22.5 percent by weight for plastics, whereby this only applies to plastic that can be recycled again as plastic
- 15 percent by weight for wood.